Wednesday 28 December 2011

Ethereal

It is there.  Just a whisper.  Then it is gone.  Did I imagine it?  Did it emanate from somewhere inside me?  Or is it real?  Is it out there?  I touch it lightly to see whether it has substance.  

I play its nuances to see whether there is anything to confirm or deny its existence.  No, there is no substantiating fact; no definitive moment; no objective event.  

Then I wonder.... does it matter?  Would it be ok for me to pretend?  It brings me joy; releases my spirit; gives me wings.  What dangers, then?  

The danger, silly child, is to hold close a tendril of imagination, only to have it doused in the cold light of reality on any dawning morning.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. Is my vision going down or is the print getting smaller? Carry on your good work, but please enlarge the font :)

    From a very willing reader.

    ReplyDelete